Our Events Calendar contains a number of events that we think will be of particular interest to Practice Teachers and students. We list these events in good faith. Please contact the organisers directly to book your place. If you would like your event added to our calendar, please email email@example.com
- This event has passed.
Child and adolescent mental health in the digital age
29th May 2018£109.00
Today’s children and young people are growing up online.
The modern media landscape is radically different to when most of us were children, and this can seem overwhelming – particularly when the same media is awash with stories and speculation about how the digital age is harming our children.
Chaired by Bruce Adamson, Children and Young People’s Commissioner (Scotland), this conference will explore the various risks and opportunities offered to children and young people growing up in the digital age. It will not only look at ensuring children and young people’s safety and protection online, but more broadly, at how we can best support their development into ethical, critical, responsible and engaged citizens – both in the online and offline world.
You’ll hear from a range of expert speakers, participate in practical workshops, and access relevant teaching materials and resources on a wide variety of topics, including:
- Supporting digital participation, literacy and citizenship
- Understanding the range of online safety risks for children and young people – from fake news and bullying to revenge porn and digital footprint
- Exploring the latest trends in usage – including taking a look at current apps
- Relevant resources to help practitioners and parents stay abreast of developments
- The digital world as a means of empowering children and young people.