Our Events Calendar contains a number of events that we think will be of particular interest to Practice Teachers and students. We list these events in good faith. Please contact the organisers directly to book your place. If you would like your event added to our calendar, please email email@example.com
Mindfulness work with children and young people
7th September 2017£89.10
The aim of this very practical course is to give you an introduction to what mindfulness actually is, where it originates and what it can do for children.
Through completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand what mindfulness is and what it offers young people
- Explain mindfulness in a meaningful way to young people
- Understand the link between regulating emotions and impulsive behaviour
- Apply mindfulness techniques with young people
- Mindfulness in practice
- Breathing techniques
- Imaging and visualisation techniques
- Mindful awareness exercises
- Body awareness and progressive relaxation exercises.
Who should attend
Teachers, youth workers, nursery staff, social care staff and all others currently working with children.
Stan is a human relations trainer and consultant with over 20 years experience of working directly with emotionally damaged/traumatised young people and their families in a variety of settings. He has managed residential units in Edinburgh and London and has worked in the field of social work, probation and mental health. Originally specialising in working with trauma, the effects of abuse and managing challenging behaviour, he now offers a wide range of training for those working with children, young people and adults in social care, education and health sectors and increasingly works on Attachment Theory and its relationship to Brain Development in infancy.