Our Events Calendar contains a number of events that we think will be of particular interest to Practice Teachers and students. We list these events in good faith. Please contact the organisers directly to book your place. If you would like your event added to our calendar, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Understanding bereavement, trauma and loss: a workshop on grief-informed practice
15th September 2017£89.10
To varying degrees we are all affected in some way by our life experiences of attachment, trauma and grief. As a result, our environmental circumstances or adversities combined with how we cope personally with stress, determines how healthily or otherwise we function in the world. The same is true for those we work with.
By developing our understanding of the relational nature of attachment, trauma and grief, our practice will be better informed about what we can do to support children and families who have experienced the full range of losses including Bereavement, Separation/Divorce, Parental Imprisonment, Abuse and Neglect.
By becoming more knowledgeable and confident regarding the theory of attachment, trauma and grief, we can begin to develop a more informed practice which promotes Safety, Mental Health and Well-Being outcomes.
This one day course will support you in your role to learn about the impact of trauma and grief and what can be done to support ourselves and others to deal with such adversities.
- Develop your understanding of attachment, trauma and grief and begin to formulate ways to inform their practice
- Understand the importance of safety and have the opportunity to practice techniques to establish this within the working relationship
- Know how to formulate an action plan to address the adversities in the life of the child or young person
- Know how to use the resources provided to intervene with children and young people
- Become familiar with a range of approaches to support children and young people which include:
- Solution Focussed Brief Therapy
- Working with the Body
- Develop your confidence in engaging with the themes of attachment, trauma and grief.
This workshop is run in partnership with Barnardo's and facilitated by Steve Sweeney.