Our Events Calendar contains a number of events that we think will be of particular interest to Practice Teachers and students. We list these events in good faith. Please contact the organisers directly to book your place. If you would like your event added to our calendar, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Working with children and young people who have experienced traumatic stress
7th February 2018£99
- Using the ARC framework to recognise danger signals and understand past and present dangers
- Managing responses and laying the foundations for the development of competencies
- Working with trauma through different contexts, including daily, community and culture
- Identifying internal and external resources and challenges
- Providing a safe context for children.
Who should attend
This course is for the more experienced practitioner. Trauma is a complex subject, therefore, attendees should understand Attachment Theory and how their own attachment pattern impacts on those they are working with.
This course requires the ability to reflect on your practice and be open to understanding that the children and young people in your care have the ability to pick up on your mood – even when you think you have left your worries at home.
Jan Montgomery is an experienced therapist who works across the lifespan. She is a qualified Life Coach, Play Therapist and Adult Psychotherapist. Jan specialises in working with trauma and has a passion for sharing her learning in an accessible and creative format.