The Practice Development Award in Practice Learning (PDAPL) is a recognised Practice Teaching qualification. This qualification allows you to gain recognition for your knowledge and skills, and can also be used to evidence post registration training and learning.
Important information for sponsoring agencies
Agencies are asked to confirm the following information at the point of application (detailed in the agency reference):
- Support for the applicant to undertake the award (in accordance with internal processes).
- Agree an offer of placement for a social work student.
- Identify (name) a suitable assessor at the point of application.
- Agree appropriate workload relief and study time as detailed in the course handbook.
- Agencies are responsible for providing or meeting the cost for an assessor.
More information can also be found here: http://www.westlearningnetwork.org.uk/images/Guidance_on_Occupational_Competence_of_Practice_Learning_Assessors.docx
Any queries can be addressed to Darren Chapman:
Practice Learning Development Officer
Learning Network West
117 Brook Street
Direct Line: 0141 550 7891
Web address: http://www.westlearningnetwork.org.uk/