Happy New Year to all our members, near and far! We hope you had some rest time over the holiday period and are feeling re-energised for 2020.
As a Board of Trustees, we are looking forward to kicking off the year with a Development Day on 30 January, facilitated by Moyra Gill, Perth & Kinross Council. This allows what is essentially a virtual Board, to spend time together, building relationships with old and new members and developing an action plan for the year ahead. We are planning a conference this year, hopefully late Spring, and look forward to meeting with members at this annual learning event.
We are always delighted to welcome new Board members, ensuring our Board represents the range of people with an interest in Practice Teaching and Learning from all parts of Scotland. To read more about our current Board members and to express an interest in joining, read here.
ScOPT's purpose is to promote practice learning in social work education and training and to support the development of best practices in social work training. Our objectives, contained in our Constitution are:
- To provide a national forum for discussion on major issues in social work and social services education, and in particular to actively promote nationally, through both the management committee and its membership, specific issues relating to the delivery of practice teaching, keeping you up to date with activities and relevant developments in the field of practice learning and social work education
- To provide and promote a Scottish-based forum for members involved in providing practice learning, working in collaboration with other organisations as decided by the board.
- To support and promote awareness of values in relation to practice learning and to support initiatives deemed by the management committee to increase knowledge in relation to supporting social work students or the quality of practice teaching.
- To disseminate information to members.
- To collaborate with other bodies in support of practice learning where this benefits members and is felt appropriate by the board.
- To raise funds in support of the organisation’s aims and objectives by whatever ethical and legal means the board decides.
Here's to a good year progressing these objectives together!