ScOPT has been engaged in representing Practice Educators, including Independent Practice Educators, in national work on the impact of Covid-19 and lockdown on practice learning and the means to resume placements safely.
The Social Work Education Partnership (SWEP) established a Resumption of Placements Working Group which has consulted HEIs and placement agencies and has reported. Key decisions were:
- Placements could be resumed from 1 August 2020
- Placements would not necessarily be suspended in the event of further lockdown measures
- Clarification regarding insurance cover for students on placement was a priority
- Some financial assistance to support the resumption of placements was agreed
- Information and resources to support placement agencies would be collated and shared by SSSC, including resources from many of the agencies consulted
The information and resources on supporting SW students in the current practice learning environment will be helpful to agency placement co-ordinators, PE/practitioners in agencies and IPEs alike.
Follow the link here