Our Events Calendar contains a number of events that we think will be of particular interest to Practice Teachers and students. We list these events in good faith. Please contact the organisers directly to book your place. If you would like your event added to our calendar, please email email@example.com
University of Edinburgh, Community of Practice Learning Event
6th March 2019, 10:00 am - 2:00 pmFree
Avril McIvor, Social Work Practice Learning says:
We would like to invite you to the next University of Edinburgh ‘Community of Practice Learning Event’. in the Medical School, Teviot Place.
Who is the target group for this event:
- Practice Teacher/Educators who currently have a final year Social Work student from the UoE - We are approaching near the end of the placement and there will be an input in respect of submission of the practice teachers report/Student submission of assignment material and endorsing self-evaluations.
- Practice Teacher/Educators Who currently have/or plan to have a first placement Social Work – We will look at the UoE practice learning programme, Submission dates, Interim Reports and mid-point meetings.
- Practice Teacher/Educators who do not currently have a student but want a networking opportunity and a continuous professional development event.
- Linkworker/Onsite supervisors – Who are either currently supervising a student or not.
- UoE Tutors – An opportunity to meet up with practitioners who are supervising the current cohort of students.
So if this is you, we would love to see you at the ‘Community of Practice Learning’ event. This event is being co-hosted by the Multi Cultural Family Base.
If you would like to attend please can you RSVP Lee.Corcoran@ed.ac.uk, for catering and room purposes.
If you are currently supervising a final year student or planning on hosting a first placement student and are unable to attend but would like the power point information in respect of the Practice Placement processes please email Lee and let him know.
I am looking forward to seeing you on the day.
Senior Teaching Fellow
Social Work Practice Learning